What’s Up with My Gut?
Saturday, December 8th, 9am – 1pm
There seems to be a lot of confusion about gut health. A lot. Things like…
What causes acid reflux?
- Are the PPI inhibitors (Nexium, Prilosec, etc) I’m taking really taking making things worse
- What is leaky gut and do I have it?
- Do probiotics matter?
- What do I need to do to improve my gut health?
- Nurturing your gut is the single best thing you can do to improve your overall health. Let us help you clarify the answers to these questions and many more.
During this 1/2 day class we’ll cover:
- The Gi tract – from your mouth to your anus….it covers a lot of important ground in the body.
- Microbiome – what is it and why should I care
- What is inflammation and how does it affect the gut?
- What is dysbiosis and can I fix it? Do I need to?
- Leaky gut…everything you need to know about it’s source and how it can be repaired (yes, repaired!)
In addition to this course content you’ll also get:
- A mini course in a deep belly breathing, a technique with far reaching benefits .
- A green smoothie tasting and demo. Green Smoothies promote great gut health.
Your Health Investment? $97
Come Pick Our Brains – New Orleans
Wednesday, November 14th, 5:30 pm
Mid City (New Orleans)
Do you have Hashimoto’s, Graves, Lupus, RA, RLS, Celiac, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis, Psoriasis, Endometriosis, IBS, IBD or any of the other 100+ autoimmune diseases?
Did you even know your disease was autoimmune?
There is a lot of uncertainty when it comes to what you can/should be doing to reduce the inflammation that is exacerbating your autoimmune disease. And, there are a lot of burning questions too many people can’t seem to get answered by their doctors.
We want to help!
Come pick our brains!
Jan and Jodi are committed to helping women with autoimmune disease take control of their health by learning about food and lifestyle changes that can improve their outcomes. We’d like help you understand your illnesses more clearly so that you can better advocate for yourself when communicating with your medical professionals.
This is not a personal assessment session, but an opportunity for a roomful of folks to gather and ask questions that everyone will benefit from having answered in a group setting.
Because space is limited you must reserve your seat by calling 504-616-7171 OR emailing Jodi at email@example.com. Once your spot is confirmed we’ll send you the physical address where we’ll be meeting in the Mid City section of New Orleans..
Jodi Brown is a chef, educator and organizer with a certificate in plant-based nutrition from the T. Colin Campbell Foundation at Cornell University. After being jerked around for years by traditional medicine, she was finally diagnosed with the autoimmune version of thyroid disease (Hashimoto’s) and chose to implement food and lifestyle changes to improve her health. After reversing her autoimmune disease with the autoimmune protocol (AIP), she is now teaching others how to successfully implement the challenging elimination diet into their own day to day life.
Jan Johnson is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist who practiced for 30 years before deciding to get re-educated in root cause medicine. 10 years ago she took the plunge and became an active member of the Institute of Functional Medicine so she could learn to implement the cutting edge science behind food as medicine. During her early practice she specialized in eating disorders, weight and addiction issues. Since being diagnosed with her own autoimmune disease (Hashimoto’s) she has shifted her focus towards improved health outcomes through diet and lifestyle changes. Now more than ever she believes that the best treatment for modern day chronic illnesses is food, used as medicine.
If you have an autoimmune disease and your doctors doesn’t seem to be hitting the mark with educating you about your autoimmune disease, send me an e-mail and tell me what you’d like to learn. I am building autoimmune classes but it’s equally important for me to understand what you need/want, not just what I want to share.