Quick note: Some posts contain affiliate links. If you buy through those links, you won’t pay a penny more, but I’ll get a small commission, which helps keep the lights on. Thanks!
Finding Solid Resources Online Isn’t As Easy As It May Seem
There is a LOT of garbage and mis-information floating around on the internet. A lot. I spend a ton of time reading and researching articles and sources before I ever hit the share button.
If you follow me regularly, you’ll start to see some of my favorite peeps popping up again and again. Does this mean that I agree with everything they post? No. What it means, is that I’m pretty close to being on board with most of their content because clearly they are doing their research and hitting the mark with great frequency.
Here is what you need to know before you read anything further. Generally speaking, I’m a gal who is more interested in RESULTS than I am credentials. Hard science is not always necessary for me. I’ve gotten cynical about “research” and “studies” because when I dig, I frequently end up discovering that the are financed by the people who most benefit from their results. Just about every notable agriculture school in the US is funded in some way, shape or form by the agribusinesses who poison us most. None wants to bite the hand the feeds them. It’s reality, plain and simple.
That said, you might not be on board with what I consider to be good sources of info. I’m sharing because folks have asked, nothing more.Just about every notable agriculture school in the US is funded in some way, shape or form by the agribusinesses who poison us most. Click To Tweet
Since so much of what I talk about relates to health let me just say this about medical doctors. In my personal life I trust a variety of people to guide me on my own health and wellness. Many of them, do not have medical degrees and have helped me significantly as I have moved forward in improving my health and my life. Keep in mind that there is no right way for everyone to heal what ails them. Yes, there are common threads in a lot of things that we all need to do, but each of us has unique needs that should be addressed and managed by a qualified professional that YOU feel comfortable with. I avoid traditional doctors like the plague. I have had so many bad experiences and mis-diagnosis that I’m just done. Traditional medicine excels at trauma. Seriously excels. Everything else, not so much.
However, coming over to the “other side” as I like to call it is not for everyone. The vast majority of folks want traditionally trained doctors handing them advice. The movement towards integrating a more holistic/integrative/functional approach to health is very important. If you are going the traditional medical route, please…I urge you…find a holistic doctor that sees the whole picture and isn’t married to their prescription pad.
Here Are Some of my Favorite Doctors with an Online Presence.
Most focus on autoimmune diseases.
- Mark Hyman http://drhyman.com/
- Dr. Amy Myers https://www.amymyersmd.com/
- Dr. Datis Kharrazian https://drknews.com/
- Dr. Terry Wahls http://terrywahls.com/
- Dr. Susa Blum https://blumcenterforhealth.com/
- Dr. Eric Orsansky http://www.naturalendocrinesolutions.com/about/
- Dr. Kelly Brogan http://kellybroganmd.com/
- Frank Lipman http://www.drfranklipman.com/
- Aviva Romm http://avivaromm.com/
- Environmental Working Group http://www.ewg.org/
- Hungry for Change http://www.hungryforchange.tv/
- Institute for Responsible Technology http://responsibletechnology.org/
- Non-Organic and NON GMO Report http://non-gmoreport.com/
- Paleo Mom https://www.thepaleomom.com
- Autoimmune Wellness http://autoimmunewellness.com/
- Phoenix Helix http://www.phoenixhelix.com/
Worth your time – Miscellaneous
- Kris Carr – Kris started me on my healthy journey over a decade ago. http://kriscarr.com/
- Chris Beat Cancer – Solid nutritional info. Great program for cancer patients. http://www.chrisbeatcancer.com/
- Stephanie Seneff https://www.facebook.com/stephanie.seneff.5 (brilliant research scientist out of MIT. Follow her)
- Underground Wellness Podcast http://undergroundwellness.com/radio/
Dip your toe in the pool. See what you might discover. You might just be surprised.
Please share this blog post with anyone you think might benefit from reading it.